2021 NATIVE OMAHA DAYS FESTIVAL
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the 2021 Native Omaha Days Festival in Omaha, Nebraska on July 26-August 1, 2021. Your help will make this year’s Celebration another success for our community. The Festival would not happen without volunteers who give generously of their time, talent and service. The Native Omaha Days Organizing Committee extends a sincere thank you to each and every person who has been a volunteer!
Volunteering for the festival is a great way to support us. It’s a great chance to meet new people and be part of the festival. We have several positions available for volunteers. Tasks could involve general stewarding, clean-up, Parade, Ushers, Food/Retail Vendors, assisting with the ticket collection desk, moving stage and sound equipment, running the info desk, or even helping organize the limited parking!
The Native Omaha Days Organizing Committee agrees to provide adequate information and assistance for the volunteer to be able to meet his/her designated requirements.
As a Volunteer, I agree:
- To adhere to the Festival rules and procedures
- To meet the time and duty commitments scheduled by the coordinator or to provide adequate notice of my absence to my coordinator so that alternate arrangements ca be made.
- To report to coordinator for assigned shift(s)
- To wear my Festival T-shirt while on shift, representing the Festival/event
- To behave in a friendly and courteous manner when dealing with the public and other volunteers.
- To refrain from using profanity, derogatory comments or statements
- Not hold the Festival/event or any of its representatives liable for any loss of damage to my person or injury to my property that may occur during Festival/event activities.
- To NOT be under the influence of any alcohol beverage or drugs your volunteer shift
All volunteers are required to wear their Native Omaha Days Festival “Ambassador” T-shirts along with name tags that should be prominently placed on the right side of the shirts. It is very important that volunteers wear both the T-shirt and name-tag so they can be easily recognized and addressed by patrons and committee members.
Volunteers are required to wear a face mask during the entire event. A face shield may not be worn unless a mask is worn underneath it. A mask will be provided when volunteers receive their T-shirt.
General Volunteer Information
- All volunteers must sign up
- A signed Volunteer Liability Waiver Release Form is required
- Volunteers are required to attend an orientation session. Training is required for veteran and new volunteers.
- Volunteers will be provided with a volunteer t-shirt to be worn during all shifts.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- All volunteers are asked to commit to working a minimum of 3 hours during the 7-day Festival.
- Volunteers will be provided with one face mask and hand sanitizer.
- Volunteers sign up to work specific event. However, if the Volunteer Coordinator cannot assign you to that event/task, you may be assigned to a different event/task taking place at the same time.
- Volunteers are expected to carry out the duties of their assigned position. They may also be asked to fill in at other positions as needed.
- A smiling face and a friendly attitude are important in ensuring the Festival is a pleasant place for everyone.
- The health and safety of our volunteers, and patrons are of the utmost importance during this event.
- Volunteers will have temperature checked prior to volunteering. If fever is present, the volunteer will be dismissed from their role. NODOC is e not responsible for any illness contracted during the Fest.
- Face shields are not permitted for use unless a mask is worn underneath it.
- Gloves and hand sanitizer will be provided at event locations.
NOTE: Although volunteers are assigned to specific positions, NOD Festival volunteers function as a team and assist with other tasks as requested by the Volunteer Coordinator.